First stop - Dubai
My plane landed in Dubai last night at 10:30 p.m., and it was still 95 degrees! Welcome to the middle east in the dead of summer.
Everything went very smoothly at the airport and I am now settled for a day in a very nice hotel. After spending some 18 hours in the air and five hours sitting through a layover, I was happy to have a comfortable bed and quiet room.
The Dubai airport is really beautiful and modern, and it was quite busy even at that late hour. It was easy to go through customs and passport control and to retrieve my bags. The hotel arranged for a car for the short ride to the hotel. The whole trip here has been very smooth thanks to the director of our team.
I've had my workout for the day, which included some laps in the pool, so now I can relax. Since today is considered a holy day and day off, many things are closed. There is a shopping mall across the street which will be open this afternoon, so I plan to browse through it. I wish there was time for a tour of the city. Dubai is supposed to be a real hub of commerce in the middle east and I'm sure there is much to see.
Cheers
Everything went very smoothly at the airport and I am now settled for a day in a very nice hotel. After spending some 18 hours in the air and five hours sitting through a layover, I was happy to have a comfortable bed and quiet room.
The Dubai airport is really beautiful and modern, and it was quite busy even at that late hour. It was easy to go through customs and passport control and to retrieve my bags. The hotel arranged for a car for the short ride to the hotel. The whole trip here has been very smooth thanks to the director of our team.
I've had my workout for the day, which included some laps in the pool, so now I can relax. Since today is considered a holy day and day off, many things are closed. There is a shopping mall across the street which will be open this afternoon, so I plan to browse through it. I wish there was time for a tour of the city. Dubai is supposed to be a real hub of commerce in the middle east and I'm sure there is much to see.
Cheers

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home