Name:
Location: East coast, mid-Atlantic, United States

I'm a certified Master Gardener. Gardening has been my pastime and stress reliever for more than 20 years. Now it's a full time hobby through which I am learning, discovering and enjoying.

Saturday, August 05, 2006

More buildings

We took a shortcut the other day and came upon a new development of homes. I thought they were interesting, so I had my driver stop so that I could snap a photo. Three boys were hanging out and clowned for the photo.
I found this home to be fascinating. The combination of colors and patterns is gaudy but interesting. Homes here are built from either concret blocks or very thick bricks, and then usually covered with stucco. Inner and outer walls are usually at least 12 inches thick, so aside from the windows, they are almost soundproof. But I've notice many of the newer homes are being covered in ceramic tiles with wild patterns and colors. And Afghans also seem to love covering their homes with fancy wrought iron. The combinations are often bizaar! Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home