Name:
Location: East coast, mid-Atlantic, United States

I'm a certified Master Gardener. Gardening has been my pastime and stress reliever for more than 20 years. Now it's a full time hobby through which I am learning, discovering and enjoying.

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Burgers on the Bar-b

We decided to grill out Thursday evening, so we stopped at what's been deemed the best place in Kabul to purchase meat. If you look closely at the signs in this photo, you'll notice one of the butcher shops in this building is called "T-Bones" and another is called "Fat-Man's Forrest" (sign over door). I think we purchased our meat from "Fat-Man's." There is also a small restaurant upstairs called "What-A-Burger." I took the next photo for the entertainment of my in-laws in Arkansas as that's the name of one of their favorite fast food restaurants in Russellville, AR.

Here is my colleague Paul, cooking up the patties. He also prepared some great chili.
We entertained colleagues from the British Embassy, as well as officials from USAID working at the Ministry of Agriculture. It was quite a lovely evening. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home