Name:
Location: East coast, mid-Atlantic, United States

I'm a certified Master Gardener. Gardening has been my pastime and stress reliever for more than 20 years. Now it's a full time hobby through which I am learning, discovering and enjoying.

Saturday, August 12, 2006

This is school outside of Kabul, just before you reach the Qargha Recreation Area. On the hill behind the tent./classrooms is the actual building, which is under contruction. In the meantime the students meet under the tents apparently provided by UNICEF where desks are lined up classroom-style.
These two boys wandered up to our group during the golf tournament and quietly watched us. Other boys came begging and young men sometimes shouted to us, but these two were so quiet. They allowed me to take their photo, for which I gave them a dollar.
I haven't seen many cemetaries in Kabul, but here is a small one on the way to Qargha. Most graves are simply marked with flat stones and a stick with a green flag. Sometimes people will build a small fence around the grave, as you see here. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home