Name:
Location: East coast, mid-Atlantic, United States

I'm a certified Master Gardener. Gardening has been my pastime and stress reliever for more than 20 years. Now it's a full time hobby through which I am learning, discovering and enjoying.

Saturday, August 05, 2006

We were shopping a few days ago and I spotted this boy begging. He is the third albino child I've seen here. I've seen two small children out with their mother a couple of times, but haven't had the nerve to stop and ask for a photo. It's a weird thing to see Albino children here. Sadly this boy appeared to be blind in one eye. I felt sorry for him.
This is one of my favorite photos, shot through our car window and into the van next to us as we sat in traffic. The boy's father was sitting next to him and tried to get him to wave to us, but the boy seemed lost in thought. You'll notice that he has very Asian features, which is common in Afghanistan. The people here are a mix of Asian, called Hazaras, Tajik and Persian (now Iran). So you find many shades of color and many different facial features among the population. I've noticed more children like this, with the Asian features, this time around than the last time I was here. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home